- Capitalist individualism has turned into a death cult.
- The internet is a weak substitute for physical presence.
- [America] criminally undervalues its most important people and its most important forms of labor.
- [American culture has] incentivized through online mechanisms to value the representation of something (like justice) over the thing itself.
- Most of us hold more unknown potential, more negative capability, than we’re accustomed to accessing.
- The material conditions of life in America are constructed and maintained by those best set up to exploit them.
- The way we live is not inevitable at all.
Jia Tolentino, “Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope”